Friday, November 5, 2010

Keeping Busy

Since Josh has gone back to work I've been trying to keep busy. I have a hard time just staying around the house, so I've been planning my errands spread out over a few days each week so that we have a reason to go out. Last week we had doctor's appointments. Again, Audrey's orthopedic doctor said she has to be in the harness for another two weeks (one more as of today!). I was so disappointed when we left that appointment, party because I know I wasn't being as strict as I should have been with the harness. I would take it off a few times a day and maybe that's why she still wasn't fully developed. So since last Friday she has worn it all day except for maybe an hour each day when we do playtime.

Speaking of play time, Audrey is having more and more awake time each day. It happened so suddenly...one day she was just awake for an hour and I didn't really know what to do with her. I just sat on the couch staring at her and bouncing her. I decided to look up a playgroup in the area as a reason to get out of the house and also so I could meet other moms and see what they do with their little ones. I found a place here in Centreville called Smalltalkers. It is run by a woman that is a pediatric speech therapist, and basically she offers hour long classes to help parents engage with their babies and learn about the development, etc. Tuesday we went to our first group, it was a new moms group for babies 0-6 months. Audrey was the youngest but it was really neat to hear the other moms talk about what they are going through at each stage. The group instructor showed me some age appropriate toys and told me ways to get Audrey used to doing tummy time and enjoying it. Yesterday we went back and did another class and it was very fun. I learned some songs to sing to her and some little activities we can do together around the house. I am looking forward to going to the next class.

I have so much more to write, but I know I don't have much time while Audrey is asleep so I better use the time I do have to do something productive. Here are some of the amazing pictures we had taken...I hope you all enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment