Thursday, August 23, 2012

25 Weeks!

Here's a belly shot from yesterday - at 25 weeks pregnant (about 6 months) and a belly shot when I was 25 weeks pregnant with Audrey.

Do you notice the BIG difference? For one, I'm much bigger this time around (which is surprising, considering I've gained less weight so far). Blame it on a pre-used uterus I guess. The second thing is how much lower I'm carrying. I feel like this picture is kind of deceptive too. When I look in the mirror what I see is much bigger...and lower. According to the old wives' tales, this means I am having a boy. So as of like two days ago I'm sure its a boy. Ask me again next week and it will probably be a girl. I go back and forth daily. Josh thinks it is a girl. One of us is right.

Other than how I'm carrying, there are a few more differences in this pregnancy at this point. I'm more tired than I was last time. Although actually, I went back and read my baby book and at this same point in the pregnancy I said I was "exhausted" so maybe the truth is that I'm always just tired and really want a nap. Yeah, that sounds about right! However, compared to the earlier part of my pregnancy my energy is way up! I'm actually being productive during Audrey's nap time instead of taking a nap myself (though I do nap some days).
22 Weeks
We had our 20 week ultrasound a few weeks ago that looked at the baby's anatomy and made sure it all was in the right place and measuring right on track. Surprise, we didn't find out the sex. :) It was nice seeing the little baby bird in there and seeing him move around. At one point he was sucking his thumb and it popped out of his mouth and we got to see him scramble around to find his thumb again. It was adorable and made us all laugh. Other than that, he was pretty calm and didn't move around too much. But that was five weeks ago....now he is all over the place! Moving and kicking and jumping and apparently trying to climb straight out of my vagina already, or at least it feels that way because he's so low. I do not recall Audrey being this active this early in the pregnancy, either, but I'd have to go back and re-read. **Ok, I have a horrible memory. I just went back and read my blog from when I was 27 weeks and yes, apparently she was equally active and also was trying to claw her way out of my uterus.**


The baby feels much heavier than I remember Audrey feeling, too (but as we just discovered, I have a bad memory and nothing I "remember" should be taken as truth). Maybe part of the heaviness is that I'm carrying lower, so it feels more out front. Sometimes I feel like I need to sit down just after being outside with Audrey for a few minutes because it feels like my back is overcompensating for what's out front. Seeing as I still have 15 weeks left, this 'heaviness' scares me for what lies ahead. I picture myself at 35 weeks pregnant and unable to stand up. Maybe I should look into one of those belly bands that supposedly supports the belly.

There you have a thorough update as to how the pregnancy is going and how I'm feeling these days. I'll leave you with another picture of the little bird. Its a bad picture to begin with, plus its a picture of a picture because they didn't give me the photos on a disk. Sorry about that. Does this look like a boy? Or a girl?

1 comment:

  1. I think it's all in your head, but I feel your pain. looking at yourself isn't the same as what others see which is why you have to go by the majority opinion and accept that it's not as bad as you think! honestly, both of your pictures look the same to me - you're looking great and I'm sure you won't collapse under the weight later on ;) especially if you're still carrying Audrey around! I decided today that what I'm already carrying is enough, I can't do any extra and Leo just has to suck it up.

    ReplyDelete