Saturday, September 7, 2013

Preparing for Preschool

Well, our little girl is starting preschool in a few days. Eeek! I am so excited, for different reasons. The biggest reason is that I'm excited to see her in this new role...I'm excited to see her surrounded by kids her age. I know how much she loves playing with other kids and how she lights up when we have friends over or go to people's houses. I'm excited to see her learning and see how her vocabulary expands. I'm excited to see how she reacts to being away from me. I think she will love it and won't even notice I'm gone!
I'm also excited for myself and for JJ. I think Audrey is quite bored at home lately. We play a lot together, go outside, playdates, playground, etc, but I think she's just tired of being with us. I'm excited to have her out of the house for a few hours so that JJ and I can have some one on one time together. Our days often consist of "The Audrey Show" and that's it, so JJ gets the backseat a lot. I also cannot wait to go grocery shopping with only one child! I can hardly remember how nice that was...
I'm curious to see how the learning part goes at preschool. I was reading over the "skills" that they work on in the 3's class, and Audrey already knows many of them. She knows her colors, shapes, letters, can count to 30 and recognize the numbers, she can recognize her name, understands one to one correspondence, knows her nursery rhymes.. I predict the biggest obstacle for her will be engaging with the teachers. She is shy when she first meets people, and when she's uncomfortable she won't talk, so her speaking skills might be an issue there. She's also very stubborn and when she doesn't want to do something, she just won't do it. There's no getting around that. I know it might be different with other adults whom she deems more respectable than me, so hopefully that's the case.

Of course I will post pictures and updates to let you all know how the big day goes! I won't cry....I'll try not to, anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment