We finally got working on the nursery about two weeks ago. It was quite a challenge, because we had been using this room as the guest room and the other bedroom as our office/junk room. So turning this into a nursery involved combining a guest room with an office and junk room and trying to make it all fit! This was especially hard not because we have a lot of guests or office supplies, but LOTS AND LOTS of junk. Really, two packrats do not fare well together…
Once we got everything moved out, we picked out a paint color that we liked. I think it is called Sunset Peach or something, and I know it sounds strange at first, but we love it and it adds an extra color to our theme (monkeys) which is mostly brown and green. Once Josh was done painting, he got the idea that he wanted to try to install crown molding. I was hesitant, but I agreed. With the advice of Dad and our friend Paul, Josh was able to figure out the supplies he needed and even (eventually) figured out how to make those pieces fit! I fell asleep on Saturday afternoon to the sound of drills and saws, and awoke to a beautiful room. I am so glad that Josh had the patience to figure out how to do it because it sure was worth it. I think the room looks great, and the crown molding just adds a subtle touch. So here are some pictures!!!
Lets get this show on the road!! Here is Josh starting the nursery:
Installing the crown molding:
Power Tools, Yeah!
Ahh!!!! Disaster Zone! This was the aftermath, it was actually much worse while the work was in process.
And now it is done.
Look at that beautiful woodwork! He’s pretty good at this!
Here are some other pictures of us in the past couple of weeks.
The cute kids:
Us at 29 weeks:
Us at 30 weeks:
That is all for now. I will write more next week!!! xoxoxo