Friday, July 2, 2010

Great 28 week checkup

I had my routine 28 week checkup yesterday and it was great! My weight gain was much better last month (thanks to replacing ice cream with popsicles!) and she said my blood pressure is absolutely perfect. I had my glucose tolerance test 2 weeks ago to test for gestational diabetes, and she said I passed that with flying colors. Baby Falcon’s heartbeat was heard loud and clear, too, so I am happy to report that at almost 7 months pregnant, me and the baby are doing wonderful! I am so happy that I am having such an easy and enjoyable pregnancy. My next appointment is in another 4 weeks. I hate waiting that long! After that, the appointments will be every two weeks and then down to once a week when we get to September.

Here is what the little one is doing this week:

By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She’s also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

She is also learning to tap dance. On my bladder. How fun!

Have a great 4th of July weekend!

1 comment:

  1. A dancer? That's FABULOUS!!! I'm glad your appointment went well!

    ReplyDelete