Saturday, May 21, 2011

A Busy Weekend

This past weekend Audrey attended her first wedding. We drove up to Annapolis to attend the wedding of Josh's cousin Robbie. It was a beautiful ceremony in a little church, and the reception was at a nice yacht club right on the water. I forgot my camera, but we did manage to snap a few pics on Josh's phone. I was a little worried about having Audrey there, but she did great! She loved all the lights and music, and I even sat her in a corner of the dance floor and she was practically shaking with excitement. She would wave her arms and bounce up and down like she was dancing. She got to meet much of Josh's family that we haven't seen in a long time. Josh grandma Lillian was one of those very special people, and Audrey just loved her.


Audrey and the Man of the Hour Rob

Baby Girl and Cousin Darnell
Sunday we celebrated the first birthday of my girlfriend's daughter, Ellie. It was an outdoor picnic style party, and the weather was perfect for it. I can't believe its been a year since she was born, and that Audrey's first birthday is right around the corner. 



Audrey also started swim class this weekend at the Cub Run rec center. It was So.Fun. First, I sat Audrey in the shallowest part of the pool (this pool complex is huge, so there was no one else even around us) and as soon as she realized she was in water she started screaming and splashing. The other babies just kind of looked at the water and fussed. Once the class got started, Audrey really got going. This child is so energetic and always excited, so while the instructor was giving some basic instructions, Audrey was splashing everyone around us and hollering and laughing. You know that annoying kid at the pool that always splashes people in the face even though you tell them not to? That was Audrey (except I wasn't telling her not to!). We started out with Audrey tummy down in the water and I walked backwards with her facing me...she instinctively knew what to do and was kicking her legs and arms. We also did another activity where we were supposed to dribble water on the baby as much as they could handle. I, of course, was dumping buckets of water right on Audrey's head. The class was lots of fun, but Josh didn't come with me so I don't have any pictures to share. I'll try to get some next time. Here are some pics to last you until then...
There's a Cheerio on your cheek!
And gnawing on a pork chop. I think she likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment