Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

My first Mother's Day! Audrey and I got in from Dallas this morning at 1am and went straight to bed. We were so tired and Joshua was sweet enough to get up with the baby and let me sleep in until 11am (!!!) this morning. Once I was finally up and had my coffee, Joshua and Audrey gave me my mother's day gift - a new Singer sewing machine! I am so excited! I have been using a sewing machine that belonged to Josh's mom for a long time, but it isn't great for learning to sew. I am so looking forward to playing with this one and getting to know it so I can become an expert seamstress like my mama! After Audrey's nap, we decided to pack a picnic and head up to a nearby winery in Clifton and enjoy this beautiful day. We found a nice spot, laid out our blankets, grabbed a bottle of wine and ate some sandwiches. Josie was such a good girl and played with some kids that brought a Frisbee. They wore her out!
It was a perfect day for photos, too. I took so many and can't put all of them up, but here are a few.





We can't wait to go back to the winery for many more picnics this summer. There were kids everywhere, and plenty of spots to let the dog run around. So glad we found this place!

No comments:

Post a Comment