Thursday, September 29, 2011

Birthday Everything

I've been planning Audrey's first birthday party in my head for a few months. I like to plan, but implementing ideas has always been troublesome for me. I get sooo stressed out and tend to just give up. BUT! This was my Audrey. I was determined to make it happen! The decorations turned out well and everything looked pretty and when it was all said and done I was very happy and satisfied with it all. We went with a "lemonade stand" theme. Josh made a lemonade stand as a prop for photos and it turned out so cute! The best part is that we can keep it for pretend play in the future. I got most of my inspiration for the party off of pinterest, so sadly not many of the ideas were my own. I think my favorite part of the decorations (other than the lemonade stand!) was the string of monthly photos I had. I just loved looking at her development from month to month. Right at four months is when she changed. She just looks different.


Originally, I had planned for us to go to the zoo on Friday (the day of her birthday). I was so disappointed to wake up Friday morning and see the nasty weather outside. Rain Rain Rain! It wasn't so much that I had my heart set on the zoo (well, that's a big part of it), but I also just didn't want the day to go by just like any other day. Unfortunately, that was kind of what happened. We hung out at the house with my mom (she flew in to celebrate!), Josh's mom, Lauren, me and Josh. We cooked and baked, opened presents, and had a yummy sausage pasta dinner with broccoli (Audrey's favorite!). Josh made a chocolate cake and Maria brought a cake as well, so there were many sweets for everyone. My plan was to fill the living room with balloons the night before her birthday so that when she woke she would be surprised and have a fun living room full of balloons to play with. And I totally would have done that if I had not fallen asleep at 8pm the night before. Oh well. Instead I just did it after we woke up in the morning, and she didn't seem to notice the difference. That's the beauty of a first birthday! They are unaware of it all!
Whoa.


For breakfast Josh made us all pancakes and made Audrey's pink. She also enjoyed some yummy strawberries. I'd say that's a good way to start your first birthday!

Man this is so delish!

Proud Papi

Audrey's party was on Saturday. We held it at Bull Run Park at one of the covered shelters. I was really stressing about the impending rain, but to my delight it held off all day. In fact, we even got some sunshine! With all the clouds and gloom lately it was such a nice surprise. Dad and Josh grilled up some burgers and dogs, Maria made arroz con gandules, we had cupcakes, cake, fruit, cheese, strawberry lemon bars, rice crispy pops, and lots more. Audrey has never had most of those foods so she was really in for a treat! She got soooo many presents that our living room now looks like a toy store, and her closet is like a fashion show!! Thank you everyone for all the gifts - Audrey is one happy little girl!
Audrey and Gigi 




Having so much fun


Her one year doctor's visit went great. She is 23lb 13oz and 30.5 inches tall, putting her in the 85th percentile for weight and 90th for height. The doctor says everything looks and sounds great, and for the first time ever she actually said Audrey's ears look perfect! That was like music to my ears! Hopefully we can make it through this fall and winter without any ear infections.
OMG  I'm one, already??
Yeahhhhh I'm one!
I could probably go on and on and on about her party, what's new with her, and a bunch of sappy stuff about how bittersweet this event was, but now that this is all over with I am just exhausted! Have a good night yall!

1 comment:

  1. Love the lemonade stand! So cute! Sounds like you guys had a great day for her -- and the pictures are all so adorable :)

    ReplyDelete