Thursday, May 23, 2013

Thumb Sucker

I realized the other day that I don't think I've ever shared with you all that JJ is a thumb sucker. Have I? It really is the sweetest thing...
He also has a security blanket addiction. When he falls asleep, he likes to clutch a blanket in one hand while sucking his thumb on his other hand. If he doesn't have a blanket, he'll hold on to our shirt and do the same. Reminds me of Linus from Charlie Brown.
People have already told me to break the habit now, but I'm not planning to do that. I think it is sweet and if it makes him happy and feel comforted, then he can suck away! Josh Sr sucked his thumb until he was 8 and he's cool! ...Right? I'm OK with it as long as it is a habit that stays a sleep habit. Audrey used (er...still uses) a pacifier to sleep but we never allowed it out of her bed. The problem with thumb sucking is that I can't really tell him to leave it in his bed like I did with Audrey, haha. So far it hasn't been an issue, he never sucks his thumb when he's awake so I guess I'll just figure something out when (if) he starts sucking his thumb all day long. 
He's such a happy boy!! The funnies thing is that if you look at this post, you can see JJ sucking his thumb in utero at our 20 week ultrasound. He was sucking it the whole time and Joshua and I kept commenting on whether or not we thought he'd be a thumb sucker when he came out. He did. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment